Sunday 31 January 2010

NON-SOPPY VALENTINE!!

This is the valentine card I have made for my lovely hubbie, he hates soppy, cutesy images so it's quite hard sometimes to come up with something romantic, I thought this had quite an industrial look. It's made completely out of recycled packaging and card. The paper sticking out near the bottom is a recycled illustration from a damaged children's book. I used the image to inspire the doodles on the card. The key is from and old chest of drawers... I think!?! (we keep a pot with old keys, not sure why, they never fit anything!! but at least they're useful as embellishments). The wire is left over from a picture hanging kit. The message was printed on the computer.
I also used the dauber and inking technique described in the last posting. I will be entering the card in Claire's weekly Challenge at Do Crafts as it is based on her challenge sketch.


1 comments:

Juls said...

this is just gorgeous!! Fab mix of textures, and Love the whole look of this card! Hugs Juls

Post a Comment