Tuesday 3 July 2012

What day is it????

Oh dear…..I’ve done it again….missed another birthday, what makes it doubly worse is that I had the card already to post in good time and I still forgot to post it on time!!! ……………and on Sunday while we were working at Katie's cottage we had a lovely visit from Steve’s sister Val and family and guess who’s birthday it was that day………yup! Val’s ….and guess who hadn’t even realised it was the first of July and didn’t even wish her HAPPY BIRTHDAY!…….and despite having the card in my car  waiting to be posted…..I…..STILL DIDN’T TO GIVE IT TO HER!!!!!
Valerie please accept this humble and heartfelt grovel…..I’m so sorry.
With this in mind I decided to use not only Less is Mores’ challenge (take inspiration from their blog header) but Allsorts flower challenge, as an opportunity to make another special card for Val.
Val this is for you…..
DSC_0110
I took inspiration from the colours and the multi-layered effect of L.I.M’s banner….quite difficult (I struggled) while still keeping to the CAS ethos. I’m afraid I resorted to the image transfer technique again with another lovely image from the Graphics Fairy, but used the floral theme as my focal point
I have also made a flower tutorial as I tend to use these rather a lot at the mo, especially this Clematis shape I made to compliment Oak House Studio’s clematis stamp, which I used on my mirror project on Linda’s blog.
DSC_0099 This time after cutting the shape, I ironed the off-cut flat to create a stencil, then transferred the image over the aperture DSC_0100


The edges also needed inking for extra definition.

The card was completed with the design reprinted and cut into a matching flower, and embellished with some sewing box bits, press studs, button and braid …..love that braid….found it in the charity shop…. 20p!! 
DSC_0108
Initially I wasn’t happy with the card….the components appeared to be floating so I cut the card front off and re mounted it with lace (a scan) transferred along the bottom.
                …..now off to post this card before I forget!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

p.s. Big thank you to Karen (The Graphics Fairy) for featuring my Image Transfered Masculine Cards on her Crafting blog, I'm very honoured as I have seen such an amazing variety of projects featured, it is a great honour that my "budget" CAS cards have made it there!!


13 comments:

Suze Bain said...

Now Diane, don't blame yourself entirely, after all, it was HIS sister's birthday! Lol! I'm sure she won't mind though and she'll be delighted when it pops through her door, the flower is fabulous. xx

G Peplow said...

WOW knockout Diane, I love this card, I'm sure your SIL will forgive you, we all make the same mistakes from time to time, Gay xxx

Mandi said...

Sensational card Di!
I tell ya I'm completely hopeless with family and friends cards. IF I'm early making it I too then forget to post it....hopeless
I agree abotu the photos, I get all these big bumpy bits too..BAD lighting ;-)
Thanks so much
mandi
"Less is More"

Kathyk said...

Beautiful card - LOVE (love, love) your flower

Kathyk

Bea said...

I think we have all been guilty of forgetting Diane - your card is lovely the vintage look components go well together and I am sure your friend will love it

Maribel said...

Precious card, I love flower.

Maarit at Violets Corner said...

Fabulous card Dianne!

Warm hugs
Maarit

Stempelomi said...

fabulous card...and I love your flower!

Julie said...

How pretty- love all the detailed pics. Thanks for sharing.

Jenny said...

Hi Diane, sorry I'm late to comment!! I love to see how you interpret the LIM challenges and I wondered if this would be a tricky one for you?? The flower is gorgeous, the vintage look reminds me of patterns on old china :0)
Hope alls well in Norfolk... at least we've been avoiding the rain for a change!!
Jenny x

Vicky Hayes said...

I'm late too Diane - sorry! But just wanted to say how beautiful this is and congratulations on being featured on Karen's blog! Vicky x

Faith A at Daffodil Cards said...

WOW this is a fabulous card and I bet worth the wait for :)

Thanks for all your comments on my cards, much appreciated, I have caught up a bit now so hopefully it won't be too long before I am here again.

Rory Fugerson said...

That's pretty awesome. I love how you did that. can I also use blue tac to make that look embossed?

Post a Comment